Pros and Cons of a cold...
1. Catching up on all the shows I've recorded from the last month that I haven't had time to watch...withOUT feeling a bit guilty. Lazy, yes...guilty, no.
2. Losing two pounds without breaking a sweat. True, I'll probably gain in back in a day, but it's nice to see a lower number on that scale--even for a day.
3. It's the only time I get to use the "good" tissue--the kind with the lotion. Can't justify spending the money on it otherwise.
4. The deep, sexy voice...once you get passed the whole phlegmy thing.
5. Spicey food is a must. Great way to clear the phlegm.
6. I didn't have to finish putting away all the laundry I folded before getting the cold.
7. My "sick station": magazines, water, remote, chapstick, tissue, lozenges...only had to get up to go to the bathroom or do something for Lily.
8. I fell asleep before the 10 o'clock news were over.
9. Sneezing never felt so good.
10. Taking a nap. Ahhhhhhh. 'Nuff said.
1. Doi. It's a cold. They suck...it hurts...it pains...it saddens...it weakens.
2. I have to put all that laundry away at some point.
3. Getting spoiled by all that "time off."
4. Lily choosing THESE last two days to stop sleeping through the night. Thanks so much...appreciate that.
5. My nose is out one layer of skin.
6. Theraflu. Okay...this stuff is awesome the first 5 minutes of sipping it...but then I have to choke down the rest.
7. There is no joy in food. Of course, this would be when my body chooses to have some serious cravings for homemade chocolate chip cookies...If I'm gonna chow down all those calories, I have to be able to actually taste it!
8. Body aches.
9. Apparently, those two pounds I lost were of pure muscle cuz I can hardly walk across the house without needed a nice bench to rest on.
10. I really hate the feeling that my nose is trying to swallow my face. (If you get colds like me, you know exactly what I'm saying.)