2.04.2010

tote

A few months back, I came across this reversible tote bag from Skip To My Lou that looked easy enough to make.


I made it this afternoon.

Only took about 45 minutes...including waiting for the iron to heat up.

I tweaked it a little cuz I didn't have enough fabric for the strap--so I just used ribbon.  And I made a sling strap instead of two smaller shoulder straps.  I also used no-sew iron-on tape on step 9 instead of top-stitching, because I hate stitching.  And I'm no good at it.  And this was easier.


I'll be using this one for grocery lists, coupons, etc..  It's the perfect size for it. 

Speaking of groceries.  Here's some handy dandy printable shopping lists and weekly menu planners from Organized Home.

Not one of the great feats of my life, but it filled a need and it was a piece of cake.

(Mmmmm, cake.)

3 comments:

  1. You are so talented, Amy. I am totally lacking in the sewing area. I even took a college sewing class and I still can't do it! Maybe I can get KaraLyn to make me one...

    BTW, thanks for the links to the lists. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute! I'd like to try my hand at aprons...There is something so sweet about a homemade apron. I think I need to stop living in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one of those!! :) I really really need to learn how to sew. when you come out there. can you teach me?

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say something nice, say it behind my back.