11.28.2009

all that jazz

I'm really in the mood for Christmas today.

I put up some decorations...only about half of my normal ones, cuz I'm just not feeling chotchky-ish right now.

It's festive enough.

I also broke out the Christmas music...

The Carpenters' Christmas Portrait--will always be THE best Christmas album on the planet.  I will listen to this any time.  It's like White Christmas.  Doesn't ever get old.



George Strait's Merry Christmas Strait to You--I don't need to say much. He's just him. And that's enough.



Mariah Carey's Merry Christmas--I can't say I'm a fan of hers, but for some reason I really love that old Christmas tape.  I can even tolerate her weird runs and the googly voice thing she does that everyone does now that drives me up the wall.



Brad Paisley Christmas--This is one of our favorites to listen to while we're traveling. We probably listen to it 3 or 4 times on a round trip to the city. There's this one song that everyong should know. It's called Born on Christmas Day.  Go find it on a website and listen.



NYSYNC's Home for Chistmas--I just love 'em.  I'm glad they never made a second Christmas one though.  It would have sullied the gloriousness of this album.  It takes me back to my early days in Utah...roommates, college, little sisters, living on my own for the first time in AZ.  This one brings a lot of nostalgia for me...so take care before you mock.



Josh Groban's Noel--I don't really need to say much about him either.  He's just him.  I think his version of O Holy Night is my favorite.


Of course, I can't leave out some soundtracks.






P.S.  I was just perusing and found this deal.


10 different magazines you can get subscriptions to for only $5.00.  No catch...it's through Amazon.  Not some dumb magazine company that will hound you for years to come.  They actually have some good ones:  Real Simple, Southern Living, and Food & Wine are well worth it.  Good gift idea.  But the deal only lasts until December 1st.

3 comments:

  1. I was just listening to Carpenter's Christmas in the car yesterday. Also to Josh Groban. My fav is O Come All Ye Faithful. That's always been my favorite Christmas song. Also the First Noel. You should look up a group called Tonic Sol Fa. They are amazing and all acapella. They do all the sound effects too. Really cool. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put up my tree a week or so back...:D I was so excited! And then I had to take everything off the tree a few days later after Eva tried to eat all the plastic icicles. Some day I'll have a decorated tree!
    You actually inspired me last year to buy the Carpenter's Christmas album. The best Christmas investment I've made! Many thanks. Hee hee hee! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the brad paisley Christmas!

    Nice new background!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say something nice, say it behind my back.