12.11.2008

Triple Chocolate Cookies



That's right. Triple chocolate. I love these cookies. They are what the chocolate gods had in mind when they created it.

If you are not a chocolate lover, I don't even want you to look at my pretty cookie picture. You wouldn't appreciate these. Just looking at them and reading further, cheapens the gloriousness of these cookies. These are not for wussies. They are not for impostors. They have in them 1 1/2 pounds of chocolate to tantalize and amaze.

You may not make them if you do not love chocolate like I love chocolate, (And you know how much I love chocolate). You do not have my permission--or the permission of the hard working bakers who formulated this magnificent recipe--if you do not have a deep inner stirring of adoration for the fabulous food we know as chocolate.

And so, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to Triple Chocolate Cookies...brought to you by my favorite cookin' fools at America's Test Kitchen...

Triple Chocolate Cookies

3 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 cps bittersweet chocolate chips
7 T. butter, cut into pieces for easy melting
2 tsp. vanilla
3 large eggs at room temperature
1 cp sugar
1/2 cp flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cps semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. melt unsweetened, bittersweet chocolate, and butter in "double-boiler" till glossy and smooth. Set aside to cool a little (or you will have scrambled eggs in a minute.)

2. beat eggs and sugar in large bowl till very thick and pale, about 4 minutes on med-hi. Add vanilla, mix 20 seconds. Reduce speed to low and add chocolate mixture. Mix for 30 seconds till well combined.

3. whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a med. bowl. Using large rubber spatula, fold flour mixture and semi-sweet chips into batter. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room-temp for 20 to 30 minutes til batter firms up...and it will REALLY firm up. Don't worry though.

4. oven to 350. Prep baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.

5. using heaping tablespoons, spoon batter onto sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake till cookies are cracked on top and shiny...I think it took me a total of about 15-17 minutes. (I'm at high altitude.) It could be different for you, so just watch them.

6. cool cookies on sheets ON racks until completely cooled.

7. eat hardy...with milk. Ohhhhh, you will need milk.

6 comments:

  1. HOLY CRap! I have to make these! They look awesome, almost like brownies which I have been craving like a mad woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will definitely give you your fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, after I read this stupid post.. I made brownies.. at 10:30.. see how you are. :P next time post about carrot sticks and fat free ranch dressing :) yum-o!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no passion toward carrots sticks...and DEFINITELY not for FAT FREE anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm. I knew we where kindred spirits. Look at your fabulous food blog! Feel free to post these on my cookie exchange! The ladies would flip!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say something nice, say it behind my back.